- Raised in an atmosphere where culture, languages, education, discipline and service to others was a way of life.
- Parents – Late Mr. C.V.Chary and Late Mrs.Chitty Chary.
- Father was a fighter pilot with the Royal Air Force and the Indian Air Force and was decorated for bravery in the IndoBurma war during World War II. Thereafter worked as Works Manager Addison & Co and then onto General Manager, Stanes Motors, then George Oakes and retired as a Senior Executive in the Amalgamations Group of Companies. Was under the care of Dr.Prithika Chary from 1982 and expired on 30th December 1989 after a stroke and heart attack at the age of 73 years.
- Mother was a graduate of Shanthiniketan, Kolkata and a highly talented lady. She studied cultural arts of music, dance, literature, drawing, painting, leather etching, etc with luminaries like Rabindranath Tagore, Uday Shankar, etc She also underwent Montessori training directly under Madam Montessori. Spent varying periods of her life as a housewife, dedicated mother, Montessori teacher and as a teacher for the blind. Lived with Dr.Prithika Chary from 1982 and expired on August 14th 2004.
- Elder – Mrs. Sheba Shekhar, qualified as MA (Literature), B.Ed, Special diplomas in higher English teaching, IELTS & BECK trainer and examiner, consultant for teaching business English retired as senior school teacher and principle of various schools. Has one son and two daughters and five grandchildren
- Younger – Mrs. Srithi Kannan, qualified as BSc (Botany), Certificate in Inclusive Education, a special educator for learning disabled . Was in charge of a school, Disha where she set up and instituted the resources and training for special children. Now a consultant and remedial intervention specialist for dyslexia, ADHD, etc. She is trained in Mentamove therapy for treating paralysis since 2005. Currently takes tuitions for slow learners with excellent outcome. Also teaching spoken Bengali to staff of Apollo Hospitals Chennai. Worked in SIET College, Chennai as a lecturer in Botany prior to marriage. Has also worked as a Volunteer English teacher at the Spastics Society of India. Has one son, one daughter and two grandchildren
- Paternal grandfather, Mr. Govindaraja Aiyangar was a lawyer with the firm King & Partridge in Chennai. Maternal grandfather was a senior official in the Railways. Both grandmothers were homemakers. Several cousins, aunts and uncles are doctors, engineers and lawyers.