- Active in various social and cultural organizations and a member of several professional bodies, both National and International.
- Through NGOs like the Rotary Club of Madras Temple City, the Madras Management Association, the Inter Cultural Women’s Association, etc and on her own she has created several awards and is involved in social causes in the community, especially those empowering and enabling girl children, women, the less abled and the economically underprivileged.
- Honorary advisory member, The Duchess Club past 13 years, Chennai and Chief Resource Person for its NGO "Helping Hands" past 4 years.
- Initiated an Annual Women Managers Conference and instituted by personal donation an “Outstanding Woman Manager” award given annually at the Madras Management Association
- Instituted the Thiru. C.V. Chary Memorial Prize for Post Graduates in DM Neurology and M.Ch Neuro Surgery at Madras Institute of Neurology, Government General Hospital, Chennai since 1990 and continuing
- PInstituted the Mrs. C.V. Chary Memorial award for best all rounder out going plus two student at the Holy Angels Convent, Chennai since 2007.
- Active in Rotary Club of Madras Temple City - President 2016 - 2017
- Instituted the Guts & Grit Award to encourage & appreciate a person with disability or severe illness who is achieving in any sphere.